As a medical and surgical specialty, urology studies and treats the various conditions of the urinary excretory system:
- Prostate (organ present only on men)
A urology examination focuses on the identification and treatment of urological complaints. It includes a careful clinical assessment with physical examination (if and when applicable) and, where appropriate, evaluation of complementary diagnostic tests. Whenever necessary, the doctor prescribes a personalized, appropriate and effective treatment.
Urology consultation is intended for men, women and children who have urological complaints.
Some pathologies studied and treated in this specialty:
- Acute and chronic cystitis;
- Urinary tract infections;
- Acute orchiepidemitis;
- Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH);
- Urinary incontinence;
- Kidney stones.
Possible therapies* to be used in these pathologies:
- Low intensity laser therapy;
- Prostatic massage;
- Hormonal modulation;
- Change of eating behavior;
- Lifestyle change.
Both in cystitis (acute and chronic) and recurring urinary tract infections, the therapy that includes Low-Level Laser Therapy, medication, and proper eating habits, proves to be more advantageous than isolated medication treatment.
* The treatment plan recommended always requires a prior medical evaluation to observe its indication.